Conbit has developed a unique tower reinforcement solution for lattice towers: Latics.
This add-on reinforcement structure provides a 35% increase in load-bearing capacity to existing telecom towers.
The Latics consists of 4 elements: bottom connection, middle connection, tension bars and top connection.
Using Latics for tower reinforcement has the following benefits:
- Building a new tower is not necessary.
- There is no network downtime.
- Lead and assembly times are minimal.
- No welding is necessary, because all components are clamped and bolted.
- The space for new antennas and radio technologies is considerably increased.
- Due to low costs and high rental yield, using Latics is economically attractive.
- Because no crane is needed and assembly is manual, roadblocks are avoided.
- The Latics telecom tower reinforcement is barely visible. The design is so elegant that the additional structures are hardly noticeable